Sony began rolling the modern update for Sony Xperia XA1 Plus. The update begins the latest December 2017 Security Patch for Xperia XA1 Plus. This update bounces the build number from 48.0.A.1.99 to version 48.0.A.1.117 and furthermore based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The update is given via OTA (over the air) also if you already have a Stock ROM operating on Xperia XA1 Plus then you can update your Smartphone working 48.0.A.1.117 Nougat December 2017 Security update. In some country, the update has already begun rolling out via OTA and you may install the December 2017 update anytime soon on your Smartphone.
The update is however based on Android 7.0 OS Nougat & This is not any major upgrade. You’ll find currently no information on changelog (if any) are added in the following update 48.0.A.1.117.
If you still didn’t receive the notification of the latest update, then please Go to Settings —> About Smartphone —-> System updates. You will surely find the new update, but if you nevertheless not received the latest new December 2017 Security update for Xperia XA1 Plus, then go down below and download & install the latest 48.0.A.1.117 FTF file for Xperia XA1 Plus. After getting the 48.0.A.1.117 FTF, you can install the OTA file manually on your Xperia XA1 Plus Android device.
48.0.A.1.117 December 2017 Security Update Nougat for Xperia XA1 Plus Flashing Guide
Do You Wanna update manually on Xperia XA1 Plus with FTF 48.0.A.1.117, If Yes then you need Sony Flashtool? Download the Sony Flashtool on your computer or laptop and follow the guide provided below on How to flash Manually 48.0.A.1.117 OS Nougat update on Xperia XA1 Plus.
- Sony Xperia XA1 Plus G3221
- Sony Xperia XA1 Plus G3223
- Sony Xperia XA1 Plus G3212
- Sony Xperia XA1 PlusG3226
- Don’t Try this on Any other device. Only For Sony Xperia XA1 Plus
- Charge your Smartphone At least up to 80% or 70%.
- Backup your Smartphone before Flashing because all your personal data, current rom will be deleted. So make sure to complete this step before installing the new firmware.
- Backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download Zip files from below and Place it in your Smartphone’s root of internal memory(internal phone storage.
- Install latest USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop or Computer.
Steps By Step Guide To Install 48.0.A.1.117 Nougat update on Xperia XA1 Plus
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
- Download the FTF Files and move the Rom Firmware to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite Section link and install it
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable this feature, you need to activate the Developer Option on your Android Smartphone, Go to Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number at least 7-8 Times until you see a compliment message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your menu of settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer Or Laptop.
- Power off your Smartphone and connect the Smartphone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Your Smartphone Will detects on Sony Flashtool window
- In the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the Rom firmware from the firmware folder
- Perform clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your all personal data and do a clean flashing)
- Tap on OK button and wait for the Rom firmware to load completely.
- Your flashing process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- Hurrah! the latest version of 48.0.A.1.117 Nougat updated on Xperia XA1 Plus.